Friday, May 11, 2018

Pages from the Past: "No place to lay His head"



How did Mary feel to hear Jesus make that comment about having “no place to lay his head”? 

She had been that resting place; she had welcomed him in from the Father’s side! She laid him in the manger and raised him at Nazareth...but he left that home (and her) for the sake of the Gospel.

That is why he blesses those who leave home and father and mother and brother and sisters…for himself and for the Gospel.







"Pages from the Past" are randomish excerpts from my old journals. I process things in writing, so there were a lot of volumes, but here and there I found notes that were still pertinent or helpful. I got rid of the books (hello, shredder!) and typed up the things I wanted to save, whether for myself (mostly) or to share. 

No comments: